In order for all existing mariners to meet STCW 2010 Requirements and have your credential valid after 12/31/16, you must complete the gap closing requirements noted below and submit it to the USCG to have any limitations removed from your MMC PRIOR to 12/31/16. You can renew your MMC between now and 12/31/16 without meeting the gap closing requirements but will need to submit the training prior to 12/31/16 for the renewed MMC to be valid after this date with no limitations.
Click on the specific area of interest below for detailed guidance:
- Deck Officer STCW 2010 Gap Closing Training Requirements
- Guidance and Information on STAR Center's new STCW 2010 CHIEF MATE / MASTER (Management Level) Upgrade Program
- STCW 2010 Renewal Requirements
- Submitting Gap Closing courses and Removing STCW 2010 Limitations
- For Renewing Medical Certificates click here.