STAR Center Schedule
The revised schedule that has been posted is a phased return to classes that meets trustee directed priorities for classes. Phase 1, through July 31st, is specifically for the maintenance of USCG credentials and continued MSC employment.
During the phased re-opening and until further notice, STAR Center the following is strictly following all Centers for Disease Control (CDC), state and local guidelines on social distancing and best practices. The following specific protocols are in place:
- CDC guidelines currently state: individuals should "stay home for 14 days from the time you returned home from international travel." As a result, students will not be permitted to attend courses at STAR Center until they can attest to having stayed home for 14 days upon return from any international travel.
- Campus access/check-in is only available to students arriving between 3pm and 11pm on Sundays. Check-in times on other days will be specifically authorized and agreed in advance.
- Students arriving to check-in after 11pm on Sundays, or after their ststed arrival time on other days, will be denied access. A list of local hotels will be provided and arrangements must be made through Student Services if an arrival after 11pm is planned or expected.
- All arriving students must be wearing a mask and must have completed the Pre-Arrival Screening Questionnaire and Coronavirus Pandemic Hold Harmless Release Forms within 96 hours of arrival time.
- A temperature screen/check will be given on arrival and anyone with a temperature of 100.4F or higher will be denied access.
- No guests are permited on campus.
- Daily temperature checks will be taken prior to class starting at 0730, with no classroom access being given until satisfactorily completed.
- Social distancing and the wearing of masks at all times around campus are compuslory.
- The gym and swimming pools are closed for recreational use.
- The galley dining and self-serve areas are closed. The galley will provide box meals.