STAR Center Schedule
The revised schedule that has been posted is a phased return to classes that meets trustee directed priorities for classes.
Requirements updated for students attending classes at STAR Center due to increased contagion rates and deteriorating local conditions
Due to recent events on campus, increased novel coronavirus contagion rates and deteriorating conditions in the local community, the following additional requirements for students attending courses at STAR Center have been approved by the AMO Safety and Education Plan trustees and are now in effect:
- STAR Center will require all students taking classes to stay on campus except for essential requirements off campus.
- Staying off campus overnight is not permitted, including over the weekend when attending consecutive weeks of training.
- Students will not be permitted to stay at a local hotel and attend STAR Center as a day student.
- All arriving students must submit a negative COVID-19 test result dated within a maximum of seven days prior to admission to the STAR Center campus to attend a course. Additional testing may be required based upon current conditions.
- Students are prohibited from visiting any bar.
- Students are prohibited from visiting any restaurant except for pickup of takeout orders.
- Students are prohibited from attending large gatherings of 10 or more people.
- Students may leave campus only for immediate needs of essential items.
- In no event should any student bring an unauthorized guest onto campus.
- A 2100 curfew is being strictly enforced campus wide.
- Please be aware that you are required to wear a mask at all times while at STAR Center and while in public in Broward and Dade County.
- Those students remaining over a weekend may leave campus during the day but must adhere to the above restrictions including visiting of bars or restaurants and avoiding large groups.
By direction of the Board of Trustees and with the support of the AMO union, any student in violation of the above rules will be immediately dismissed from class, barred from STAR Center until the conclusion of the COVID crisis and reported to the AMO union for disciplinary action .
During the phased re-opening and until further notice, STAR Center the following is strictly following all Centers for Disease Control (CDC), state and local guidelines on social distancing and best practices. The following specific protocols are in place - a full list is provided on check-in:
- AMO Plans Medical Director guidelines currently require that individuals should "stay home for 14 days from the time you returned home from international travel." As a result, students will not be permitted to attend courses at STAR Center until they can attest to having stayed home for 14 days upon return from any international travel.
- Campus access/check-in is only available to students arriving between 3pm and 11pm on Sundays. Check-in times on other days will be specifically authorized and agreed in advance.
- Students arriving to check-in after 11pm on Sundays, or after their ststed arrival time on other days, will be denied access. A list of local hotels will be provided and arrangements must be made through Student Services if an arrival after 11pm is planned or expected.
- All arriving students must be wearing a mask and must have completed the Pre-Arrival Screening Questionnaire and Coronavirus Pandemic Hold Harmless Release Forms within 96 hours of arrival time.
- A temperature screen/check will be given on arrival and anyone with a temperature of 100.4F or higher will be denied access.
- No guests are permited on campus.
- Daily temperature checks will be taken prior to class starting at 0730, with no classroom access being given until satisfactorily completed.
- Social distancing and the wearing of masks at all times around campus are compuslory.
- The gym and swimming pools are closed for recreational use.
- The galley dining and self-serve areas are closed. The galley will provide box meals.