Renewing Medical Certificates
The following is a simplified guide to renewing your USCG Medical Certificate. This is not meant to be all-inclusive. Additional information regarding medical certificates can be found at the USCG National Maritime Center website at: http://www.uscg.mil/nmc/medical/medical_cert.asp.
Simplified Renewal steps:
- Complete USCG 719K- Merchant Mariner Credential Medical Evaluation form and related USCG physical: http://www.uscg.mil/forms/cg/CG_719K.pdf
- Ensure the USCG 719K form:
- Is completed IAW all instruction contained on the form
- Applicants name and Date of birth are included at the bottom of each page where indicated
- Applicants signature and physicians signature are included specifically where required
- Submit completed USCG 719K form (all 5 pages) to any USCG REC:http://www.uscg.mil/nmc/recs/default.asp
Note: Any additional paperwork required for a waiver should also be included. If you have no conditions than just the 719K is required.
- Applications can be submitted via email, fax, mail or in person.
- If submitting by Email:
- The form and any additional paperwork must be scanned at a resolution not exceeding 300 dpi, saved in PDF format, and not exceeding 8 megabytes (MB) in size. If e-mail size (including attachments) exceeds 8 MB, send documents in multiple e-mails.
- Select your desired REC from the list on the left hand side of the REC page at the NMC website: http://www.uscg.mil/nmc/recs/default.asp and then select for the E-mail Application button at the top left of that REC's webpage or you may use the list of REC email addresses provided: http://www.uscg.mil/nmc/announcements/pdfs/industry_notice_e_submission.pdf
- The subject line of your e-mail must be: (Last name, first name, middle initial, mariner reference #). Example: (Mariner, Johnny, L, #####).
- Ensure all attachments are included, then SEND.